IS THE BLUES TRAIN AVAILABLE FOR HENS AND BUCKS NIGHTS
CAN I BRING A BIRTHDAY CAKE OR OTHER SPECIAL TREATS FOR MY GUESTS
We run a whole range of functions throughout the year on the Blues Train. So much so, we have a dedicated page on our website all about functions. Please don't hesitate to contact us to discuss your special event.
It is worth noting our policy on hen's and buck's nights. We do not, as a rule, accept bookings for hen's or buck's nights. Unfortunately we have had problems ensuing from excess alcohol consumption prior to arrival at the train, which has resulted in safety issues. We are committed to ensuring ALL our guests have a good time on The Blues Train and so our concern with hen's and buck's nights is that they have a high chance of interfering with the comfort and safety of our other Blues Train patrons travelling in the carriage with the hen/buck group.
We do not wish to discriminate against the soon-to-be-married and their family and friends, however, unfortunately these events tend to pose the abovementioned problems.
Please note that should a hen's or buck's party book tickets to The Blues Train, management reserves the right to refuse entry or eject the party from the premises - no refunds or exchanges will be provided in this instance.
IS THERE A SPECIAL PRICE FOR GROUPS OF 20 OR MORE
Among the many special events we have hosted there have been a huge number of birthday parties. Some people even hire a whole train for big occasions, such as 50ths – the ultimate baby boomer birthday party.
We prefer not to have cakes on board as 9 times out of 10 the cake ends up in the carpet. A great alternative is individual gourmet cupcakes.
Should you still wish to bring a cake, a $100 fee will be charged, 50% of which will be returned should no cleaning be required. You will also be required to bring utensils, napkins etc.
No fee is incurred for individual gourmet cupcakes.
If you plan to bring a cake for a birthday party, please let us know in advance so we can plan accordingly -- either email us or call on 03 5258 4343.
Please also note that the Blues Train is a fully licensed event and there is NO BYO. The T-bar opens at 6.30pm at Queenscliff Station, is open at each of the three stops during the night and closes at 11.30pm when the train returns to Queenscliff Railway Station. Check out our drinks list.
HOW DOES TICKETEK'S RESERVE A SEAT FUNCTION WORK
We offer a discount for gorups of 20 or more people. See our Bookings
page for details and pricing.
'Reserve A Seat' For Your Friends
Ticketek has released a great new feature. Gather a group of friends and family members for a great night out on The Blues Train!
'Reserve A Seat' is a feature on www.ticketek.com.au that provides a quick and easy way to purchase your tickets and hold adjoining tickets for friends. Avoid the hassle of collecting money and hold tickets for your friends to pay as they confirm their attendance.
Note: A standard transaction limit of 10 tickets apply, including paid admits and tickets placed on hold. Your tickets will be held for a maximum of 24 hours before they are re-released for sale to the general public.
How To Use 'Reserve A Seat'
1. Visit The Blues Train page on www.ticketek.com.au.
2. Select the date of your choice, and click on Buy Now.
3. Select the preferred Start Carriage Option.
4. Choose the quantity of tickets you wish to purchase.
5. Specify which delivery option you prefer.
6. Select the number of tickets you wish to hold for friends.
7. Enter your friends email addresses. (Click on Add More, to add more email addresses).
8. Enter a message for your friends.
9. Select a Theme Layout for your message.
10. Click on 'Continue'.
11. Log In to your My Ticketek account or create a new one (if you haven't done so already).
12. Check your event order, enter and confirm payment details.
13. Once you select 'Submit Payment' for your tickets, your friends will be sent an email to advise that you have placed tickets on hold for them to purchase within 24 hours.
* Please note, held seats are sold on a first-in basis. For example, if you hold two tickets and inform four friends, the friend who purchases first will acquire the held ticket(s). The others can still attempt to book tickets for the same date, but they cannot be guaranteed tickets on the same carriage.