Terms & Conditions
When purchasing a ticket online for the Blues Train event through Ticketek, The Blues Train or any authorized agent, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Bookings and Refund Policy
- Patrons acknowledge that they are travelling on board a moving steam train (the “Train”) and will the opportunity to move about and dance during The Blues Train event (“the Event”).
- All bookings for The Blues Train Pty Ltd (“The Blues Train”) must be paid in full in advance to confirm the booking. Please note there is no reserved seating on board the Train.
- Tickets cannot be refunded, exchanged or transferred after purchase except as required by law or as otherwise specified by The Blues Train. Ticket exchanges may be permitted under certain conditions, in which case fees may apply.
- The Blues Train reserves the right to charge a replacement fee for lost or damaged tickets.
- The Blues Train reserves the right to change advertised programs, artists, performers and their respective content, menus, dates and times, prices, venues, seating arrangements, programme times and audience capacities.
- Adequate time must be allowed for the collection of tickets on arrival at the Event. The Blues Train does not accept responsibility for any delays that may be encountered at the Box Office prior to the Event.
- Patrons may be required to produce their ticket(s) as proof of authorised entry at any time.
- Tickets are only valid if purchased through The Blues Train, Ticketek or an authorised agent. Tickets may not, without the prior written consent of The Blues Train, be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via on-line auction sites), nor may they be used for advertising, promotional, or other commercial purposes. Tickets sold or used in breach of this condition may be cancelled without a refund, with the bearer of the ticket being refused admission.
- The Train runs in all weather conditions, including total fire ban, where a diesel engine is used to replace the steam engine. A diesel engine may also be used when the steam train is undergoing repairs or maintenance. The Blues Train may cancel, interrupt or stop the Event due to dangerous situations, adverse weather, mechanical breakdown, or any other causes beyond our reasonable control. The Blues Train does not guarantee a train journey and reserves the right to change the course of the journey at its sole discretion. The Blues Train does guarantee the presentation of 4 musical acts, or as otherwise advertised, on board the Train. In some circumstances, where the musical acts are cancelled, the Blues Train may at its sole discretion, offer a free ticket for a replacement Event.
- If you have any concerns about your ability to ride the Blues Train through physical or other disabilities, please contact us prior to booking a ticket or the Event.
- The right of admission to the Event is reserved by The Blues Train.
- The Blues Train does not accept hens shows or bucks nights and reserves the right to refuse entry for such events. As alcohol is available for purchase during the Event, minors (persons under 18) are not permitted to the Event and will be refused entry.
- The Blues Train does not accept children or “babe-in-arms” and reserves the rights to refuse minors entry to the Event.
- Late comers will only be admitted to the Event at the discretion of The Blues Train and may be refused entry completely.
- Patrons who are, in the opinion of management, offensively attired or whose attire may cause a hazard or compromise safety, including inappropriate footwear such as thongs or flip flops, may also be refused entry to the Event.
- The Blues Train encourages the responsible service of alcohol. Alcoholic beverages must not be taken into or out of the Event. It is an offence for minors to purchase or consume alcohol or for persons to supply alcohol to minors.
- The Blues Train reserves the right to refuse entry to, or to remove from the Event any patrons who are intoxicated, drunk, disorderly, whose conduct is unlawful or offensive, or who are not entitled to attend the Event.
- Bags and other items may be subject to inspection and patrons may be searched. Patrons who refuse inspections or searches may be denied entry to the Event. Items which, in the opinion of The Blues Train, have the potential to cause injury or a nuisance or inconvenience to any other person will not be permitted into the Event. These include controlled, dangerous or illegal substances, alcohol and weapons of any description and any other items considered by management to have the potential to cause injury or a nuisance or inconvenience to any other person.
- Any patron who causes a disturbance or who refuses to comply with reasonable requests from management may be removed from the Event at the first available station and a taxi will be summoned on their behalf.
- Unauthorised persons are prohibited from entering the Event and any other area not accessible by the public
- Smoking is prohibited at all times on the Train but is allowed in designated smoking areas when the Train is stationed.
- At the commencement of the Event a safety briefing is given to all patrons.
- There are one to six exit doors per carriage of the Train (each carriage carries 50 people). Should an evacuation be required, staff will open as many doors as the circumstances may safely permit and will assist in disembarkation. Any emergency evacuation will be carried out by The Blues Train security staff and Bellarine Railway guards.
- Security guards are present at all times during the Event in each carriage of the Train along with The Blues Train staff. Security guards are clearly identified by ID and fluorescent yellow vests, or as indicated on during the Event. At all times they carry mobile phones, two-way radio equipment and a torch.
- The Blues Train provides safety ramps as a courtesy on each carriage (although this is not a prerequisite of railway operations). Patrons will need to mind the gap when embarking and disembarking. Patrons are asked to ask for assistance from our security personnel if required.
- There are fire extinguishers in every carriage of the Train.
- First aid facilities and equipment is available at all times.
- Should patrons have concerns for their safety or the safety of others during the Event, you should immediately contact security staff immediately with concerns.
- If you have any food allergies, please contact the Blues Train caterers prior to the event.
- Bellarine Railway is responsible for the safe running of all activities on the steam train used by The Blues Train Pty Ltd. The Blues Train is responsible for all activities related to viewing of live music and consumption of alcohol.
- Bellarine Railway and The Blues Train are fully insured.
- Patrons enter the Event, including on board the train, at their own risk. The Blues Train will not be responsible for any loss, damage (including property damage, personal injury, economic and consequential loss) or injury however else it may arise, including but not limited to from a pre-existing medical condition, a breach of these conditions or as a result of the patrons behaviour.
- Patrons bring personal effects onto the premises at their own risk. The Blues Train will not be responsible for any damage to or loss or theft of a patron's personal property. Any lost property will be handed to Bellarine Railway if not claimed after the show. Contact Bellarine Railway 03 5258 2069.
- The Blues Train is a registered business, company name and registered trademark. Any use of the Blues Train name, its product or its logo must not be used unless authorised in writing by The Blues Train Pty Ltd.
- The train runs in all weather conditions, including total fire ban, where a diesel engine is used to replace the steam engine. A diesel engine may also be used when the steam train is undergoing repairs or maintenance.