The Blues Train takes applications to work with us all year round!
Job listings for The Blues Train will be published on this page – check back regularly for any new positions.
Event, Bar & Promotional Staff
The Blues Train Pty Ltd – Queenscliff Victoria
$31 – 38 per hour – Casual
ATTENTION – highly motivated, charismatic, music and fun-loving individuals required. No experience is needed, just a willingness to learn and dedication to be the best!
The Blues Train has been one of the Geelong region’s most recognized experiences for 23 years, combining live music, dinner and a heritage steam train – it’s a mini music festival in a night.
We’re on the lookout for:
– Event and Bar Staff
– Promotional Staff
– On-site Digital & Social Media
To be successful you will have:
– Energetic and friendly attitude – a zest for life!
– Pride in your job
– Excellent communications skills
– Ability to work under pressure
– Ability to work in a team as well as independently
– A wish to make your mark
– Current Australian Driver’s License
In return, you will receive:
– Regular working hours – 35 – 45 shows with confirmed shifts up to 12 months in advance
– Generous hourly rate
– Opportunity to learn new skills
– Fun working atmosphere
– A meal (the same that our patrons receive)
RSA certificate, experience in bar and/or events and promotions is desirable, however not essential – we want good people who are willing to learn – we will train you!
If you would like to earn some extra money and have fun whilst doing it, apply now!
You will be involved in all aspects of event, event bar and promotional duties including set-up, greeting and serving customers, cash handling, merchandising, on-site social media, pack-down and other duties to the requirements of the event.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $31 – 38 per hour
Hours: Most Saturday nights (August to May) plus Friday nights once a month (weekly in December). Shifts run for approximately 7 hours.
Adrienne Stewart, Bay City Events
EVENT OPERATIONS MANAGER
About the business and the role
The Blues Train is Australia’s longest running Blues music venue and one of the Geelong region’s premier tourist attractions. It combines live music performances on board a heritage train with a meal – it’s a mini music festival in a night.
Established in 1994, The Blues Train operates 40+ shows per annum with over 9,000 people experiencing the event on an annual basis.
Its parent company Bay City Events also provides Event Management, Artistic Programming and Safety Consultancy services to event organisers, councils, community groups and private enterprise.
An opportunity exists for an experienced and enthusiastic Event Operations Manager to join our small and busy team on event days in Queenscliff, Victoria.
The Event Operations Manager position is responsible for coordinating all on-site activities on event day. This involves event set up, contractor communication and liaison, customer service and ticketing, risk identification and mitigation, liaison with the operators of the event infrastructure including adherence to scheduled timetabling, emergency management and problem solving, reporting, service standards and event pack downs.
This is an on-site only role, one to two days per week – Saturday nights and some Friday nights (35-45 nights per annum) – limited coordination with administrative teams will be required.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Oversee on-site setup including placement and locating of infrastructure and testing of equipment.
- Supervise the arrival of all contractors and vendors on to site.
- Effective liaison and communication with key stakeholders and contractors to ensure efficient setup of equipment.
- Deliver health and safety briefings and inductions where appropriate.
- Deal with any licensing staff or emergency service personnel who attend site.
- Ensure all contractors and staff are working to current health and safety guidelines and to the event operations plan.
- Pre-event safety inspection to ensure site is safe prior to public access
- Work closely with key event staff including the Promoter and Bar Supervisor to ensure the safe and smooth delivery of the event.
- Event Security Briefing (with the Promoter) prior to gate open.
- Provide leadership to the event team
- Provide customer assistance with ticketing and event related issues
- Manage an overview of the logistics of the site and troubleshoot any issues that may arise during the event including but not limited to:
– equipment failure
– contractor issues
– patron behavioral issues
– timetabling issues
- Liaise with key stakeholders in administering the Emergency Management Plan in the event of an emergency, with responsibility for overseeing the safety of Blues Train patrons and personnel.
- Oversee incident response in the event of an injury, near miss or altercation. This may involve liaising with security, notifying police, ambulance or other emergency services.
- Ensure the event operates to the event schedule
- Oversee on-site packup including pack down and storage of equipment and portable infrastructure in a timely manner.
Skills and experience
- Proven experience working as an event manager, operations manager, project manager or similar on-site event role
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, flexible and motivated
- Highly organized, ability to multi-task and a strong work ethic
- Have a high attention to detail
- Ability to adhere to systems and procedures
- A natural problem solver and lateral thinker.
- Have excellent communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lead a team and show initiative
- Reliable, dedicated, a quick learner and hard working
- Resourceful and creative
- Knowledge of Victorian Liquor Regulations & holder of a current RSA (or willingness to obtain one)
- A full Victorian Driver’s License
- A current first aid qualification (minimum Provide First Aid)
- Experience in OHS, Risk Management or Emergency Management desirable but not required.
For more information on this position, contact Adrienne on 1300 885 993.