The Blues Train takes applications to work with us all year round!
Job listings for The Blues Train will be published on this page – check back regularly for any new positions.
Administration & Customer Service Officer
The Blues Train Pty Ltd – Queenscliff Victoria
- $25.00/ hour – Permanent Part Time
- Flexible Hours Tuesday – Friday from 9:30am
- Geelong office
- Join fun, small, awesome team
Bay City Events provides Event Management/Services & Artistic Programming to event organizers, councils, community groups and private enterprises and its parent company ‘The Blues Train Pty Ltd’ runs 30 plus events/shows per year, since 1994.
We are seeking a motivated, enthusiastic individual who is passionate about working behind the scenes in admin, ticketing, finance and event coordination in our office, joining our small yet already awesome team!
About the Role
We are looking for a team player to join us as an Administration and Customer Service Officer. The role provides a high level of administrative assistance including coordinating and undertaking the organisation’s administration, ticket management, marketing administration and assisting in promotional efforts.
Activities include corresponding and managing the mailing list, answering the phone, providing support and responding to customer queries, maintaining the customer database and back up Marketing, Accounts Payable / Receivable and payroll functions.
It would suit someone with a background in either travel/tourism, call center operator or medical receptionist.
This role is for an ‘all-rounder’ possessing flexibility and adaptability to manage changing work requirements and varying volumes of work.
To be successful, you will have;
- Relevant Administration and Customer Service experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word & Excel) and typing speed and accuracy skills
- Demonstrated commitment to, and enthusiasm for, customer service and delivery (over the phone) through your communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational & time management skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with booking / ticketing systems
- Understanding of Xero Bookkeeping/Accounting Package or similar
- Proficient diary and travel management
- Experience with telephone systems and internal telephone transfers and a friendly telephone manner
- Effective literacy/numeracy and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, solve problems, manage and meet deadlines and maintain a high quality of work
- Team contributor
- Related tertiary qualifications – well respected although not essential for this role
- Skills in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign knowledge or basic graphic design skills would be advantageous along with competence in blog/story writing
- Hold a Current Police Check (Employee type not Volunteer), or be willing to obtain upon successful appointment to the role
Please email your covering letter and current resume to: [email protected]
Event Bar Staff
The Blues Train Pty Ltd – Queenscliff Victoria
$31 – 38 per hour – Casual
ATTENTION – highly motivated, charismatic, music and fun-loving individuals required. No experience is needed, just a willingness to learn and dedication to be the best!
The Blues Train has been one of the Geelong region’s most recognized experiences for over 26 years, combining live music, dinner and a heritage steam train – it’s a mini music festival in a night.
Our Bar Superstar will be involved in all aspects of operating our event bar. Including event and bar set-up, greeting and serving customers, cash handling, operating digital point of sale system, merchandising and promotions, on-site social media, event and bar pack-down and other duties as required.
To be successful you will have:
– Energetic and friendly attitude – a zest for life!
– Pride in your job
– Excellent communications skills
– Ability to work under pressure
– Ability to work in a team as well as independently
– A wish to make your mark
– Current Australian Driver’s License
– Current RSA Certificate, or willingness to obtain prior to start
In return, you will receive:
– Regular working hours (30 – 40 shows per season, with confirmed shifts up to 6 months in advance)
– Generous hourly rate
– Opportunity to learn new skills
– Fun working atmosphere
– A meal (the same that our patrons receive)
Experience in bar and/or events and promotions is desirable, however not essential – we want good people who are willing to learn – we will train you!
If you would like to earn some extra money and have fun whilst doing it, apply now!
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $31 – 38 per hour
Hours: Most Saturday nights (October to May) plus some Friday nights in November & December). Shifts run for approximately 7 hours.
Bay City Events