The Blues Train takes applications to work with us all year round!
Job listings for The Blues Train will be published on this page – check back regularly for any new positions.
Event Bar Staff
The Blues Train Pty Ltd – Queenscliff Victoria
ATTENTION – highly motivated, charismatic, music and fun-loving individuals required. No experience is needed, just a willingness to learn and dedication to be the best!
The Blues Train has been one of the Geelong region’s most recognized experiences for over 28 years, combining live music, dinner and a heritage steam train – it’s a mini music festival in a night.
Our Bar Superstar will be involved in all aspects of operating our event bar. Including event and bar set-up, greeting, and serving customers, cash handling, operating digital point of sale system, event and bar pack-down and other relevant duties as required.
To be successful you will have:
- An energetic and friendly ‘can-do’ attitude
- A zest for life!
- Pride in your work
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work in a team, as well as take direct responsibility for tasks
- Be prepared to and physically able to carry out suitable physical tasks on a moving heritage train within the scope of mobile event beverage and hospitality service. Due to the unique nature of our business if you have any pre-existing conditions, disabilities or injuries that may affect your ability to carry out the duties described please feel free to contact us prior to applying to find out more details regarding Event Bar Work specific to The Blues Train operations.
- Legal right to work in Australia
- Hold a current RSA Certificate
- Current Australian Driver’s License
In return, you will receive: –
- Regular Saturday night shifts and some Friday night shifts (excluding Public Holidays and Long Weekends) between October and May
- Generous hourly rate
- Opportunity to learn new skills
- Opportunity for advancement down the track
- Fun working atmosphere
- A meal (the same as our patrons receive)
Experience in bar and/or events and promotions is desirable, however not essential – we want good people who are willing to learn – we will “train” you, sorry we can’t help a good pun!
If you would like to earn some extra money and have fun whilst doing it, apply now by sending your resume and a brief cover letter to [email protected]