When the fireworks went off at midnight 31st December 2019, we had no idea what was in store for our first year of this new decade – and what a doozy it has been! Never mind those New Year’s resolutions, we are still in need of a Covid19 resolution. I am sure many of us will be staying up this New Year’s Eve, just to make sure 2020 is finished.
As a small local business, we understand the devastating financial toll 2020 has had on our community, and on all Australian communities. We’ve watched on helplessly, as one by one, we’ve all closed our doors. Many of us small businesses have unique products and events which unfortunately, have not been able to pivot into online sales or takeaway products, meaning these businesses have not had an income stream since mid-March.
We have been one of the businesses who have secured JobKeeper payments so that we could continue to employ our small team of staff. We feel grateful to have this financial support, as we know many did not qualify. Sadly, we know there are many people who find themselves in unemployment, continuing to try and support their families and trying their best to ‘look on the bright side’.
We understand there are those who are struggling financially, and whilst we have asked for financial donations ourselves to keep The Blues Train alive during this time, here are the top ten ways you can help save The Blues Train for free!
- Share our Facebook page around to your friends. You can share posts, photo’s, video’s and campaign updates.
- Got Instagram? Like and Share our photo’s and stories, to let the good times roll!
- Travelled the tracks with us? Write us a tripadvisor review about your fabulous experience.
- Love your Blues tunes? Listen to our best of the Blues Train playlists on Spotify!
- Sign up to be a Blues Train VIP member, and receive our updates, member discounts and pre-sale ticket and advanced bookings information before anyone else. Already a member? – Sign up a mate!
- Got some spare time on your hands? You can watch our artist clips and Blues Train videos via our You Tube
- Email your mates! Love to have a good time? Get your tribe together and as a VIP member, get priority booking to the carriage of your choice. Send them our newsletters and updates, send them our blogs and stories, you know they won’t be able to resist getting back on the tracks! Shoot us an email to register your interest in an advanced booking.
- Are you a bit of a wordsmith?? Have you experienced The Blues Train firsthand? Why not write about your experience and we’ll share it on our socials and website. Email your short stories (250 max) to [email protected]
- Fancy a photo or two? Go for a trip down ‘Blues Train Memory Lane’ and dig out your memorable snaps of good times on The Blues Train, email them through to us at – [email protected]
- Have a passion for trains, helping out and making some new mates? Why not volunteer at The Bellarine Railway? They have loads of different and interesting positions, apply your current skills or learn some new ones!