Each year the legendary Blues Train plays host to thousands of music-loving festival goers, provides employment to hundreds of artists, staff and contractors and donates more than $40,000 to local (and even not so local) businesses, charities and community groups to help with much-needed fundraising for their worthy causes.
- Cottage by The Sea,
- Coast Guard Queenscliff,
- Point Lonsdale Surf Lifesaving Club,
- Clifton Springs Golf Club,
- Mallacoota Bowls Club,
- Wallington Primary School,
- Kardinia International Festival,
- Portland District Health,
- Inverleigh & Districts Good Friday Appeal,
- Middendorp Electrical/Breast Cancer Aust and
- Barwon Health Foundation
are just a few amongst the list of the donation recipients who received a Donation Pack from The Blues Train in this past year.
Unfortunately with the COVID-19 shutdowns forcing us into semi-hibernation, we have had to put a hold on issuing donations to these local communities and groups as we normally would happily do, and sadly several of these amazing fundraising groups have been forced to hibernate their own projects as well, for the time being.
It saddens us, that we cannot assist those in the community at this time.
It saddens us, that we are the ones now needing to reach out and ask for help.
When the lockdown was first introduced back in March, none of us would have ever imagined that now in September, we would still be unable to run the much-loved and increasingly popular Blues Train, and still would have no re-start date in sight.
To help us get through the shutdown period and hit the tracks again on the other side of it, we have recently launched a ‘Go Fund Me’ campaign. We have cancelled, reduced and saved on our expenses where possible, but there still remains some things we need in place to help sustain The Blues Train team and our continuing efforts to maintain the business, and to help us bounce back quickly once the restrictions are lifted.
Ways you can help –
* Support us through the Go Fund Me campaign if you are able
* Share our newsletter with your database of fans, mates and supporters
* Like and Follow us on Facebook @thebluestrain, share our posts with your friends.